The New Manual DSLR Project

Hi, and welcome to my blog. The Manual DSLR Project was started March 30, 2010 with the intent of devoting one year to learning how to use my Nikon D300 in manual mode. I invited you to join me as I took this journey. You celebrated with me as my fingers began to remember which wheel adjusts the shutter speed and which controls the aperture settings. I was brutally honest in sharing my mistakes.

A year passed quickly...and I achieved my goal of demystifying the manual operation of my camera.

While the Manual DSLR Project was intended to be bound by time (one year), I am eager to keep the conversation going. So look for additional posts on anything related to photography. And interact. Let me know if you are reading the blog and find it useful.

All the best...
Mike

Monday, March 14, 2011

Candlelight

Last month I lit a couple of candles and took a few shots, posting the results on this site. Here is one more from that shoot.

This was shot at ISO 200 using natural light; f5.6, 1/5 second. I bumped the black setting in Lightroom to get rid of some of the surrounding ambient light. The result is what I was looking for.

With only 16 days left in the Manual DSLR Project I am still working on what to do for my next project. I'm narrowing it down, but will probably make the decision on a trip that I'll be taking later in the week.

Between taxes, a new writing project, and doing some work on a new business venture, I've been on somewhat of a dry spell in taking photos lately. However, I will have some great opportunities for taking some photos this weekend. Look for some new photos on Twitter and Instagram as early as Thursday. My username on both is manualdslr.

All the best... Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment